POSITION: Advanced Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Clinical Practitioner
COMPANY: Eric Moore Partnership
LOCATION: Medi Centre, Warrington, Cheshire
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15/03/2024
Our focus and ethos is on providing high quality, accessible and friendly primary healthcare in a welcoming environment for all patients and staff
Our Practice is based close to Warrington town centre, and works out of two dual sites of Medi Centre and Orford Park premises. The Medi Centre opened as a purpose built health centre in late 2016; our occupancy in Orford Park is part of a larger Health and Leisure facility which opened in 2012.
Knowledge of minor illness and Independent prescribing qualification and chronic disease management essential.
The post holder will work alongside the EMP Clinical Team, supported by the Duty Doctor and Duty ANP daily.
The post holder will be responsible for attending to patients who wish to be seen by a health care professional; diagnosing and treating patients presenting with minor illness; seeing and advising people in respect of their continuing medical and nursing needs. There is a requirement to see extra or emergency patients. The advanced practitioner will need to prioritise and triage the needs of patients accordingly, making any necessary referrals for investigations in the appropriate manner.
- Registered Nurse First Level Nurse or other healthcare professional qualification leading to registration
- Evidence of degree level study or accreditation to advanced level
- Masters degree in advanced practice (for ACP)
- Evidence of completion of study in minor illness
- Independent/supplementary prescriber
- Primary Care experience
- Evidence of study to conduct paediatric clinical examination
- Teaching/training qualifications such as ENB998 or equivalent
- Family planning
- Other Post Registration Long Term Conditions Qualifications
- Experience of telephone triage/assessment
- Minimum 5 years post registration experience
- 2 years experience of working as a practitioner in a primary care environment, Emergency Department, Urgent Care Centre, MAU/EAU or other first contact setting
- Evidence of excellent assessment skills
- Experience of having provided mentorship and/or coaching to other staff
- Experience of having participated in service improvement activates including audit and research
- Experience of working in GP Practice / Primary Care
- Practice Nurse experience
- Knowledge of Clinical System (TPP SystmOne)
A key member of the clinical team, the advanced practitioner will manage a caseload, dealing with a wide range of presenting healthcare problems and needs.
The advanced practitioner may see both self-referred or internally referred cases and make professional autonomous decisions in relation to their problems.
Patients with previously undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems will be seen and an assessment of their healthcare needs will be made. This will comprise both face to face and telephone consultations
Whilst making an assessment of healthcare needs the opportunity for disease risk management will also be recognised and taken.
A plan of care will be developed which is both individualised and patient focused. Implementation and evaluation of the plan of care will involve the patient and other members of the primary care team, where appropriate.
Preventative measure for achieving optimum healthcare gain will be emphasised.
Communicates current health care measures and strategies, for health education, to the patient in both a realistic and therapeutic manner.
Admits and discharges patients to and from a caseload and refers them to other care providers both internally and externally as appropriate.
Following the completion of the Extended Nurse Prescribing Course the ANP/ACP will be expected to prescribe medication from the Extended Nurse Prescribing Formulary and in line with evidence based practice.
Responsible for the assessing, diagnosing, prescribing and treating of patients who are registered within the GP practice as well as for non registered patients from other practices whom the practice has responsibility for through any of its enhanced services schemes. The post holder will participate fully in the delivery of a high quality, co-ordinated health care system delivery for patients catered for by the practice. There will also be responsibility for training, supervision of and mentoring of the Nursing Team including Practice Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and GP Assistants.
The role also involves participating collaboratively with partner practices and their patients as part of collaborative working arrangements provided by the practice to Nursing Home and physical health element of mental health inpatients registered at EMP. The role involves visits, ward rounds and triage and assessments of Nursing Home/Care home patients and well as housebound patients.
The nurse practitioner may see both; self-referred or internally referred cases and make professional autonomous decisions in relation to their problems.
To offer support and advice to other members of the nursing team within the GP Practice.
To liaises with other members of the primary health care team/other agencies
To contribute to the Practice Business plan
To support the IPA and PDP process of other practice nurses
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible opportunity Full and Part time hours considered for right applicant
- Package includes Highly Competitive Salary + NHS Pension + MDU Indemnity Paid + 6 weeks Annual Leave + 1 week Study Leave + Healthcare Cash Plan Scheme
HOW TO APPLY
For further information and to apply for the position visit Job Advert (jobs.nhs.uk)
For questions about the job, contact:
Practice Business Manager